Remember to always check with the Planning Division and Engineering Division to confirm zoning and engineering requirements prior to beginning your project!
REQUIRED DOCUMENT SUBMITTAL
(Please provide three (3) complete sets)
- Cover Sheet Information: job site address; business name; name, address & phone number of owner; name, address, phone number & stamp/signature of project designer/architect and/or engineer; occupancy classification(s); type of construction; basic description of project.
- Original Signature (& wet stamp) of Project Designer(s) is Required On All Drawings.
- Site Plan: (indicate scale); lot dimensions; dimensions which indicate the distance from all existing and proposed buildings to adjacent property lines; north arrow; identification of all streets and right-of-ways adjacent to the site; location of easements and visible utilities on site; to include vicinity map.
- Architectural Plan: (indicate scale); floor plans identifying all room areas and uses; building sections; details of all fire-rate assemblies; stairway, handrail & guardrail details; window schedule; door schedule; room finish schedule; exterior building elevations & exterior wall covering specifications (when exterior changes are proposed); etc.
- Title 24 Disabled Access Plans: (indicate scale); provide comprehensive plans & specifications verifying compliance with Chapter 11 of the 2001 California Building Code for disabled access.
- Structural Plans: (indicate scale); when structural changes are proposed, provide as appropriate; footing/foundation plan; floor framing plan; roof framing plan; structural frame details; truss diagrams (including ID#'s and splice & connection details); structural material specs; etc.
- Electrical Plans: complete electrical plans which identify the location and capacity of the main service equipment and all distribution panels; detail all computed loads and ground-fault calculations; locations of all new and/or altered receptacles, switches, lighting fixtures (reflected ceiling plan); exit signage; etc.
- Plumbing Plans: complete plumbing plans sufficient to show the size and location of all new and/or altered plumbing fixtures, appliances, piping, tubing venting, calculated sizing of grease interceptor or grease trap (whichever is required per code), etc.; pipe size calculations (waste/vent, water, roof drain); indicate whether appliances are gas operated, electric or otherwise; etc.
- Mechanical Plans: complete mechanical plans and/or specifications sufficient to identify the size and location of all new and/or altered heating; ventilating and air-conditioning equipment; equipment schedule with BTU rating; gas pipe sizing calculations; smoke/fire damper locations; etc. Provide details of Type I hoods, calculations and full compliance with 2001 California Mechanical Code, Chapter 11, Part II
Please be advised that separate permits will be required for low voltage (i.e. telephone, computer, and alarm systems), trash enclosures, Generators, as well as exterior signage.
CALCULATIONS - 2 SETS
- Structural Calculations -
- Title 24 Energy Calculations & Forms: complete energy documentation (including all required calculations); Forms ENV-1, LTG-1, LTG-2 & MECH-1, completely filled out and signed by owner and designer.
- Orange County Fire Authority Receipt of Construction Drawings
- Environmental Health Department Stamp (required for all food establishments);
- Sanitary District Review Stamp by: FOG