Effective November 1, 2016, the City of Westminster and the Westminster Adoption Group and Services (WAGS) is the City’s new provider for animal care and shelter services.
How This Affects You
City of Stanton residents will now benefit from the same valuable services that the Westminster Police Department Animal Control Unit offers its residents including:
|Pet and Facility Licensing
||Dead Animal Pickup
||25 Hours of Weekly Patrol in Stanton by Westminster Animal Control Officers... and more!
What You Need To Know
- Your pet’s licensing information will automatically be transferred to the City of Westminster on November 1, 2016. No action is needed on your part.
- Your next pet license renewal will come from the City of Westminster.
About Westminster Adoption Group And Services (WAGS)
- WAGS offers over 11 years of compassionate veterinary care experience and animal welfare management. The organization’s assertive education plan and multi-dimensional family-to-pet matching tool has helped WAGS achieve 90% placement of healthy and treatable dogs and cats.
- Conveniently located at 6621 Westminster Blvd, Westminster, California, 92683.
||City of Westminster
8200 Westminster Blvd.
Westminster, CA 92683
(714) 548-3201 Animal Control Business Line
(714) 548-3212 Police Dispatch/Emergencies
Dead Animal Pickup
Dog License Application
Barking Dog Complaint Form Instructions
Animal Control Barking Dog Complaint Report
Coyotes in Orange County
Dog Applications Fees
Complete one application for each dog to be licensed that is the age of four (4) months or older. Applications are only for new dogs that have not been previously licensed in the City of Westminster.
The license fee for a dog is $100.00 unless you are eligible for one of the following:
- $27.00 Spayed/Neutered Fee: You must provide a copy of a sterility certificate signed by a licensed veterinarian. A receipt or rabies vaccination certificate is not a valid proof, unless it state on the receipt that it is also proof of sterility and signed by the veterinarian.
- $13.50 Senior Citizen Fee: You must be 60 or older and include a copy of a document showing proof of age. This discount only applies on the first spayed or neutered dog (proof must be provided), and one such discount per senior citizen per residence. Any additional dogs must be licensed at the regular or spay/neutered fees.
All required certificates or documents provided must be photocopies. All required documents and/or correct license fee must be submitted before the due date or it will result in a penalty fee of $35.00 in addition to the license fee.
|Westminster Adoption Group and Services (WAGS)
6621 Westminster Blvd.
Westminster, CA 92683
Hours of Operation
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 1- 6 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 12-5 p.m.
Animal Welfare Management