We strive to upkeep our City's image, retain existing businesses and attract new businesses. In an effort to accomplish this, Code Enforcement actively enforces ordinances regulating land use. Please see our current Commercial Code Compliance Checklist to use as a guide for your business:
- Vehicles displayed for sale are prohibited, except when a business is properly licensed by the City and State to conduct such sales.
- Abandoned and/or inoperable vehicles may not be stored.
- All business must be conducted within an enclosed building.
- All businesses must be licensed by the City.
- Storage within the City right of way is prohibited.
- Outdoor dining is only permitted when approved through the precise plan/conditional use permit process.
- All advertising devices must receive approval by the City (including banners, pennants, streamers, etc.) .
- Balloons are prohibited.
- Parking lots and landscaping must be maintained in such a manner as to not constitute a nuisance condition.
- You may not park on your lawn or any unpaved surface.
This information is not to be considered inclusive of all code requirements, but is only a general summary. Additional information may be obtained by calling (714) 379-9222, ext. 220, 224, or 247.